7 Thai Phrases You Should Learn to Impress a Thai Girl
So, you’ve decided to take my advise and find a Thai girlfriend. Great! That is the first step to a very happy life for you. So the first thing is to go out and find a girl. My past articles have given some great advise on how to do that and there will be plenty more advise in the future. But once you do find that special Thai girl, you will want to impress her by knowing a few words/phrases that will come in handy when impressing your new Thai beauty.
Today, I’ll go over 7 Thai words/phrases that you should know when dating or trying to date a girl either online or when traveling to Thailand. Keep in mind that these are rough English pronunciations to the actual Thai words. The good news is that most Thai girls can read at least a little English and will be able to understand these English written Thai words and phrases if you are chatting online using IM or on Thai dating websites. Let’s get started!
1. The first thing you should learn is to tell your Thai girl that she looks beautiful. This can be said as the following: Sway mak. The word “sway” means beautiful and “mak” translates into very. Alternatively, you can say: “Narak mak” which translates to “very cute”.
2. Next, you should know what she might reply to you when you tell here she is beautiful. She may just say “hob khun ka” which is Thai for “thank you”. Or she may be sassy and say “pak waan” which means “sweet mouth”. This is a cute and flirty way of a Thai girl that means she doesn’t fully believe your sweet words to her.
3. If you are just meeting your Thai lady, you might want to ask her if she already has a boyfriend or kick, To do this, say: “Khun me faen mai?” This literally translates to: “you have boyfriend?”
4. When you are starting to get serious with your Thai girlfriend, it might be time to start calling her by the name that Thai ladies love. The word is “tirak”. When you call her this, she’ll literally melt with happiness. But just be sure that you mean it first!
5. If you are talking to a girl and it’s late, you might want to tell her “sweet dreams”. To do this you can say: “Faan dee”. She’ll really like that and go to sleep thinking of you. Trust me.
6. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly is the first night you go on a date. If you are in Thailand, make sure to go to a nice romantic restaurant and bring a bottle of wine. Raise you glass and say “chon gaow”. If you are drinking from a bottle, say “chon cuord”. “Gaow” means glass and “cuord” means bottle.
7. The final phrase you will want to learn when dating a Thai girl is the big “L” word. To say I love you, simply say “Pom rak khun”. I’ll leave the rest up to you!