Luxury Trains of India Touching All Walks of Life
In India trains are not only a mode to transport goods they are also incredibly beautiful way of exploring the unexplored lands on individual levelsAfter the British rule, the Indian trains were given luxurious look for those who enjoy traveling in majestic deportment. The luxury trains are the asset of India as they contribute about 20% in the total revenue of the Indian Railways.
India has five luxury trains that are famous for elegant and alluring interior, traditional Indian hospitality and exquisite dinning services. The trains were designed for providing elegant ride to the passengers coming from all over the world to explore India and its scenic beauty.
- Palace on Wheels: It is the oldest luxury train in India. It was first introduced in 1982 after having temporarily shut in 1947. The train is one of its kind in the world. It offers 14 deluxe saloons that are equipped with 4 cabins providing facilities of bath and shower, attached toilet and leisure facilities like games for children, intercom and more. The interior of the saloons is decorated with cozy furniture, handicrafts and paintings. Beside 14 saloons, the Palace on Wheels also has two restaurants cum kitchen cars that offer traditional Indian, Rajasthani, Continental and Chinese cuisine. The Palace on Wheels covers nine destinations during its eight days trip. The famous destinations that are covered by the train include Delhi, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Ranthambore National Park, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Bharatpur and Agra.
- Deccan Odyssey: The train is the newbie in the list of luxury trains of India. It was launched in 2002 and is famous as Palace on Wheels of Maharashtra. The train has 13 fully air conditioned deluxe saloons, each with a combination of 4 twin bedded chamber. The salons are fully equipped with intercom, music channel and other leisure facilities. It offers special facilities to physically challenged people. Wheel chairs, creches and a special attendant are some of the facilities that are offered to them. Special attention has also been paid to the security of the passengers and their luggage. During the eight days trip on the Deccan Odyssey, the passengers are mesmerized by the beauty of the Mumbai, Ratnagiri, Jaigadh, Ganapatipule, Bhatye Beach, Goa, Sindhudurg, Tarkarli, Sawantwadi, Pune, Aurangabad, Ajanta to Nasik respectively as train moves ahead in its journey.
- Royal Rajasthan on Wheels: The train was launched in 2009. It offers Super Deluxe Saloon- the Bravura Suite and Deluxe Saloon – the Extraordinary Suite to its passengers. The Bravura Suite has been crafted with fine silk and velvet bedspreads and draperies and the Extraordinary Suite has been thematically designed with matched color textures and schemes to augment their splendor. The Royal Rajasthan on Wheels travel for eight days covering hot destinations of Jaipur, Khajuraho, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Varanasi, Chittorgarh and Agra. During the journey, the passengers are served lip-smacking meal at two famous restaurants on the train Sheesh Mahal and Swarn Mahal. The Sheesh Mahal has been adorned with resplendent crystal pelmets and floor lamps, while the Swarn Mahal is themed gold and brass. It has Spa and bar and lounge as well.
- Golden Chariot: The train was launched in 2008 for the tourists interested in exploring the southern regions of India. The train is also famous as Pride of the South. The stay of the passengers is comfortable at Golden Chariot by the eleven luxuriously furnished air-conditioned saloons with 4 sleeping chambers or cabins. The facilities like dining cars, one bar lounge, business center, mini gymnasium & ayurvedic spa are also offered to the passengers. Small wardrobe, vanity desk, LCD Televisions and private washroom with high class facility are other features of the train that makes the stay of the passenger comfortable. It travels for eight days starting its journey from Bangalore to Mysore, Jain Monolith & Hosalya Temple Architecture, Hampi Temples & Vijayanagara Palace, Badami Caves & Pattadakal Temples, Goa and then back to Bangalore.
- Fairy Queen: The train holds a Guinness World Record for having single locomotive. Built in 1855 it offer just one AC chair car coach, which can accommodate a maximum of 50 tourists. For the privileged passengers it has also attached pantry car. Fairy Queen takes its passengers to a mesmerizing ride for two days trip. The journey begins from the Delhi Cantonment Railway Station and takes one to the majestic land of Rajasthan.
Traveling could be both good and a bad experience. But, having a ticket of any of the luxury trains of India could add enjoyment to your traveling. After all, traveling in luxury trains is all about safe and healthy traveling.