Great Beaches in Italy
Italy has some great food, wine, cheese, beautiful women but even more beautiful beaches. When you're in Italy eating the great food, drinking the wine and eating the cheese do not forget to check out the great beaches with your skimboard as well.
Here's a list of some of the great beaches in Italy.
1. Capri: This beach is located in Southern Italy on the Sorrento Peninsula. Capri is a cool place that is full of mountains. This beach is known for it's deep blue sea and great beaches. There are a lot of resorts and hotels along this beach and you should have no problem finding a place to relax and skim across the sand on your board.
2. The Italian Riviera: This place has long been a tourist haven. Attracting thousands and thousands of visitors each year. The beaches here are free of charge but that also makes them crowed. If you do a little hiking along the trails that are there you can find some good beaches that are less crowded. This place is also famous for it's pasta, so after a great day of skimboarding help yourself to a big plate of delicious pasta.
3. Amalfi Coast: This place has some of the coolest cliffs you'll ever see. And you can not miss them as you're driving through to get to this beach. There are two private beaches here that you'll want to visit. The Fornillo beach and the Spiaggia Grande.
4. Tuscany: Famous for it's wine, cool rolling hills and old culture. However this place has some of best beaches with it's white sand and old style villas that are behind them. Not to mention that the water is a beautiful crystal clear color and there's about 100 miles of coastline. When you come here you need to visit Viareggio and enjoy the old festival that's been going on for more than 100 years.
5. Sicily: Sicily has long been famous in many movies. If you have not heard of Sicily before then you need to watch the Godfather, Goodfellas and any other great mafia movie. Some of the great beaches here are Mondello Lido, Lido Mazzaro, the Aeolian Islands and Spiaggia Sabbie Nere.
6. Sardinia: There is 35 miles of beautiful coastline here that you must visit before you die. One of the beaches you have to visit is Sardinia's Costa Smeralda. Also hit the Emerald Coast, Cala di Volpe and the Prince's beach.
Italy is a great place. You'll never get bored, get tired of the food, the beaches or gazing at all the cool sites. Hitting Italy's beaches is something that you have to put on your to-do-list-before-I-die.