25 Reasons to Visit Tampa
Located in the western region of Florida, Tampa has all the sunny weather and sandy beaches anyone could ever dream of, but off the beaten path are even more great local places that deserve a visit. Florida is full of fun and interesting attractions, but Tampa is home to some unexpected sites that are sure to delight everyone in the family.
1. Busch Gardens – One of the most famous amusement parks in the area because of its fascinating mix of rides and exotic animals.
2. AirHeads Trampoline Arena – Come to celebrate a birthday or jump and play in one of the classes.
3. Adventure Island – Come ready to play and get wet on one of over 20 water rides that will keep everyone cool on those hot summer days.
4. Dinosaur World – Located on the outskirts of Tampa, this is a dino experience unlike any other. Huge life-size replicas of some of the largest dinosaurs ever found in America are located here.
5. Splitsville – When one of those surprise summer rains hits, or on one of the rare days that the weather is not so nice outside, you can go bowling inside. Food and fun are here for the whole gang.
Sports and More
1. Bayshore Blvd. – Gather family and friends and go bike riding on the scenic trails of Bayshore Blvd.
2. East Bay Raceway Park – Racing enthusiasts will have a blast at the carnival style raceway. It's a family friendly fast-track to fun with food vendors and even a demolition night.
3. Steinbrenner Field – This is the spring training venue of the New York Yankees and games all season long.
4. Countryway or Pebble Creek Golf Clubs – Take a golf vacation here and choose from many packages. These beautiful courses can be played at a great price.
5. Tampa Bay Downs – For the horse lover, the race track is the place to be. Go any day of the week, and Sundays feature family fun with free pony rides and lots of food samples.
1. Glazer Children's Museum – This is the perfect place for children 10 and under. Kids can learn through discovery in a clean and friendly atmosphere with many different exhibits.
2. Tampa Bay History Center – Located in the heart of downtown is a plethora of Florida history and industry. There is so much to see and do including having an exciting lunch in the Columbia Café.
3. SS American Victory Mariners' Memorial and Museum Ship – The sailor or boat enthusiast can take a walk on a museum ship featuring artifacts and stories of maritime adventures from the Navy.
4. Wat Mongkolrata Temple – While visiting Tampa, take a walk through a Thailand experience. Learn about the culture, people, and religion all while sampling authentic foods from the region.
5. Tampa Convention Center – There is always something exciting going on downtown. The convention center is a large enclosed arena that hosts many shows and festivals throughout the year.
Lions, Tigers, & Bears
1. Florida Aquarium – Take the kids to see amazing fish and aquatic animals. Get an annual pass to have year-round entertainment at a great price.
2. Lowry Park Zoo – Plan a fun-filled afternoon at the zoo with free parking and low admission prices. Everyone will enjoy seeing the many exotic and endangered animals.
3. Big Cat Rescue – If the Serengeti is too far for your liking, venture to the Big Cat Rescue in Tampa to see some of the most fearsome cats. Their enclosures are large and these beautiful creatures are very well taken care of here.
4. Night Safari at Busch Gardens – If roller coasters are not your cup of tea, attend a night safari at Busch Gardens. There are plenty of opportunities to feed the giraffes and see other majestic animals ..
5. Manatee Viewing Center – This is a perfect venue to see manatees in their natural habitat and learn all about their conservation efforts.
1. Heritage Village – This village is in Pinellas County near Tampa and is filled with old homes and antique artifacts. Visitors will learn about what it was like to live one hundred years ago.
2. Strawberry Festival – Who does not love free strawberries? This huge indoor / outdoor strawberry gathering features plenty to see and do for the whole gang.
3. Gasparilla Pirate Fest – Take the kids to see the largest pirate parade in Tampa. Over 700 pirates will be all in one place.
4. Tampa Bay Pro-Am – If you enjoy golf, you can watch professional golfers in action.
5. Sunset Beach – The beach is the perfect place to spend the day swimming in the ocean and enjoy the sun.
There is so much to see and do in Tampa, so take a quick trip, or stay a while in one of the many affordable new homes Tampa or consider a vacation home or timeshare here.