7 Top Must Visit Attractions in Greece
Greece is considered as one of the most popular tourist attractions in the whole wide world. With a large plethora of scintillating attractions to look forward to, you are surely going to enjoy every single bit of your trip in the most desirable manner. As you start exploring the country, you would be stunned to see that there are more than sixty inhabited lands, historic sights, idyllic beaches and towering mountain ranges which you would love to explore during our leisure time.
Overall, there is a wide variety of stunning landscapes that you may consider exploring while coming over to Greece for a holiday. If you have been planning to opt out for a Greek holiday for quite some time now then you must consider paying attention to the following places of interests which you can surely look ahead to explore during your upcoming vacation in Greece.
- Mount Athos: This is one of the most popular mountain ranges and peninsulas which are desirably located in the northern Greece. This is an autonomous state and the entry is strictly controlled. Only males are allowed entrance to the Mount Athos.
- Mystras: It is beautifully situated near Sparta and serves as the capital of the Peloponnesus in the 14th and 15th centuries. This site wonderfully stands in a beautiful landscape and was abandoned in 1832.
- Lindos: It is a medieval village which is located on the island of Rhodes. It offers spectacular views of the nearby coastline and harbors. It gets easier to enjoy a proximal distance to the Saint Pauls beach and Lindos beach while staying over at the Saint George Lycabettus Hotel.
- Samaria Gorge: This 16 km long canyon is located in southwestern Crete. You can look ahead to take leisurely stroll at the Samaria Gorge which is quite popular among the inhabitants. Millions of tourists come over to pay a visit to this canyon on a yearly basis. The stroll will take more than 7 hours and the way mainly passes through the forest regions of ancient cypresses and pines before cutting between the vertical cliffs right through the mountainous regions.
- Parthenon, Acropolis: It is one of the most famous Greek attractions which entice the attention of millions of travelers. The construction of Parthenon began in 447 B.C. The boutique hotels in Athens are not far away from this site.
- Delphi Theatre: Delphi happened to be one of the most significant sites in ancient Greek religion. It is basically home to sanctuary and oracle of Apollo. The Delphi Theatre was constructed on a hill thereby giving the spectators a chance to take in the spectacular beauty of the entire sanctuary below. It is considered as one of the mostly explored travel attractions in Greece.
- Meteora: Meteora is located in central Greece and offers an eclectic mix of six monasteries that are spectacularly situated on the top of several rock pillars. The first monastery was founded back in the 14th century. Accessing the monasteries was quite a difficult task as only long ladders or large nets were used to haul up both people and their goods. This required the ‘leap of faith’. The ladder or nets were replaced only when ‘Lord Himself let them break’.
These are some of the mostly explored travel attractions which you would love to explore in Greece.