Princess Cruises Preparing Second Ship for OceanMedallion Functionality
Princess Cruises has announced that they are now getting Regal Princess ready to be the second ship fully activated with Princess MedallionClass capabilities. Currently, Caribbean Princess is equipped with the technology.
Regal Princess will be fully updated for her Caribbean season beginning on February 17, 2019. The OceanMedallion is a wearable device that helps elevate the guest experience by delivering better experiences and personalized service throughout the ship. The following are some of the benefits and capabilities of the technology:
- Fast ship boarding with OceanReady – guests who arrive at the terminal with travel documents (i.e. passports) uploaded to their profile have a personalized check-in process that starts their vacation with ease. Personalization starts pre-cruise by guests becoming OceanReady while at home.
- On demand beverage delivery: Using smart devices, guests have the ability to order drinks using OceanNow and have them delivered directly to them throughout the ship and even in their stateroom.
- The best Wi-Fi at sea: MedallionNet is fast, reliable, affordable and unlimited. MedallionNet provides land-like speeds that allow guests to stay connected from anywhere on the ship including staterooms which are each equipped with a Wi-Fi access point. With MedallionNet guests easily share vacation experiences with friends and family back home, stream TV shows, movies and sports events, and even make voice and video calls.
- Keyless Stateroom Entry: Access to staterooms is a seamless experience where each guest is securely validated and the door automatically unlocks.
- OceanCompass: OceanCompass leverages the Princess Medallion to enable point-to-point wayfinding through-out the ship. OceanCompass guides guests throughout their journey, providing directional information so they can seamlessly navigate to their next point of interest.
- MedallionPay: An easy to use payment feature.
- PlayOcean: On portals located throughout the ship, guests play family games, including trivia, word jumble, a matching game and Ocean Treks Adventure – an interactive, ship wide digital scavenger hunt. It also transforms guests’ mobile devices into game controllers for interactive gaming on the massive Movies Under the Stars screen. And, guests can enjoy big screen interactive fun with Games Under the Stars where players enjoy arcade and trivia fun on the Movies Under the Stars screen.
The OceanMedallion was first announced by Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald at CES 2017. For those interested in booking a cruise on one of Princess’ OceanMedallion-enabled ships, the cruise line will be having an Anniversary Sale starting December 4. For more information, visit princess.com.